Friday, May 30, 2008

Dreams and Visions

I don't normally remember my dreams. This morning when I woke up, I was thinking about one, though, and Tim asked me what I dreamt about. Funny when I usually can't tell him anything. It was a dream about angels. Two "men" who were angels (I don't know how I knew but I did) drove in in a convertible and asked where some family was, who didn't live on our cul-de-sac. I told them I thought they lived a couple of blocks away. Imagine angels needing to ask directions! Ha.
The next one was a cardboard angel that looked like it was made by a child; it was female (never mind that there are no female angels in the Bible), with blond hair, short, and wide, and had big eyes. She was made with sequins, and she talked, but I don't remember what she said. She was lying down in the middle of the cul-de-sac (remember, she was made of cardboard). Then two other female sequin-on-cardboard angels came along and hovered over the child-like one, and ooh'd and aah'd over how pretty she was. Pretty funny!
Perhaps I'm dreaming these dreams because I'm reading Daniel, and he has dreams and visions; Tim and I just read Revelation, too. Pretty spectacular books, I'd say! I think I prefer my silly cardboard-and-sequin angel dream to Daniel's visions of terrible beasts and whatnot. He was sick and exhausted after his; I'm feeling pretty well, thank you. Still, his gave him something worthwhile to share, and mine was meaningless (so far as I know--maybe I'll dream that Daniel will interpret it?). If that's all the response I came up with after reading these books, it would be pretty dismal. They are so rich with meaning and so mysterious in all their visions, though they also explain many aspects of them. Years ago when I was reading them I went over them with the help of various, but conflicting, resources, and ended up more confused than when I started. I don't intend to have this reading be my last--I want to go through it again with a study guide that I can trust. I don't think anyone will need a study guide to go with my dreams.

No comments: