Monday, November 12, 2007

God Answers Prayer!

Today as Tim and I were doing our homeschooling, we started as always in prayer. In the last year or more the prayer has included that God would help us to love Him more every day and one another more every day. Tim commented during our study, "It seems like our family is getting closer." I concur--these days I feel incredibly blessed, more so than ever before, with the closeness of our family and the unity among us. I reminded him that we had been praying for it. He was surprised, so I told him again how we said it and he recognized that indeed it was so. It was, in a way, all the better that he saw the result before he was aware to watch for it.
It was a scriptural prayer, following the two greatest commandments that Jesus described: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. I think a good start is with the family. If you can't love your own family, how can you extend farther? God has really answered this prayer. I've noticed it in many ways, some of which are beyond words. One, though, is that while Katie is at college, Tim has missed her more vocally than anyone. He often spontaneously says how much he misses her. While she was here, his appreciation was not so great. If that is the one benefit that came from her leaving, and I highly doubt that will be the only thing, it will have been worth it, to bind a brother and sister in love.

No comments: