Thursday, September 13, 2007

Huh.

Today Katie told me that some of her young friends thought it was funny that her mother blogged. Huh. I don't know why they think an old lady wouldn't have twice as much to say as they do, having more than twice the history they do! It does strike me funny how surprised people are when they find that I blog. Seems like anyone with a testimony should blog--their story is not just their own. Also it makes the most of every opportunity, to give people a chance to know what great things God has done in a life. Not only does a believer have a start-up salvation testimony, but any believer who trusts in God for their daily wisdom, grace, forgiveness...seems like every day has a story of some sort, and most of them point in some way to what the good is that God can do in a person's life.
Maybe I should do better in incorporating the Scriptures into my blogs, how they apply in my life. I know there's probably at least one for every blog I've ever written. (If it's only "Jesus wept."--I hope not!) For that matter, sometimes God acts in my life and it's not exactly something that I have to hammer home, it speaks for itself. Then the humorous ones are just for a matter of mental health--mine and maybe that of the reader. The humor is from Him, too: Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. (James 1:17)
So if you think you're too old, I'd say hardly. You might be too young, though...you little squirts! :O)

No comments: